Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cake Toppers

For our Wedding back in October, I wanted to do something fun and "us" for our cake toppers.  I had seen some cute ideas on Etsy of clay figurines to top the cake, but thought they were outrageously priced and "I could probably make those myself."  So I did.

I created Justin with a guitar in his hands because it truly is another limb on him.  And I made a MacBook Pro to sit on my lap.  Being a designer, I am seen with this thing all. the. time.  But it was a little glimpse of us perched on top of our cake.  We loved it.  Had a lot of compliments on it that day as well.  We went with a whole little dessert table instead of serving the cake. So fun!  Being in the Fall, we had mini apple pies, vanilla and pumpkin cupcakes, cinnamon apple trifles, and the table turned out adorable. Thanks to our dessert caterer and good friend, Carrie.  Here is her blog: http://atasteofjoy.blogspot.com/




I made pumpkins for us to lean up against. Again- fall theme.

We also had apple cider. Yum! That was a big hit.  This makes me miss our wedding day, I love reminiscing of it and the perfection it was. 



So for my best friend's wedding she asked me to make clay people for her and her fiance's cake toppers.  I had so much fun with this one!  Lance was a stud athlete in high school so naturally, he wanted to be featured with a basketball and football in hand.  Kassi, wanted her little doggie, Harper by her side.  I loved how these turned out too. It was so fun to depict them for their big wedding day. They had a spread of all different kinds of Cheesecakes instead of a wedding cake.  It looked so cute all on display.  Late into the night, Kassi's nephew (4) stole Harper and took him to play at his table.  Kid's love clay, what can ya say!




They had a theme of "trees" so they leaned against stumps. So cute.



These are a really fun way to personalize your wedding day.  I have an order in now for a couple of birds for a cake topper. Should be fun to do something a little different.

I will eventually get these up on my Etsy site for future sales.  Until then, let me know if you or anyone you know would like this for their special occasions!

How sweet it is. Happy May!

1 comment:

Care said...

Love all your ideas! The toppers are 100% adorable!